One of the best remedies for relaxing the mind and body is, without doubt, a good Balinese massage. Originally from Indonesia, particularly of the exotic island of Bali that gives you the name, this traditional massage has its origin in Indian medicine, directly related to the Chinese traditional medical therapies. The Balinese massage can dissolve any kind of deep tension, which leads you to a State of total relaxation. Known for its exoticism, given the wide use of fragrant essential oils, is characterized by pressures and manual movements that favor the activation of the lymphatic system and blood circulation, and at the same time regenerate the skin.
What Is a Balinese Massage
Thin, light candles, aromatic essences, incense, soft music… The Balinese massage is known for its exoticism and its high power of relaxation. Originated in Indonesia, specifically in Bali island that gave him his name, and his technique comes from the traditional Indian Ayurvedic medicine, tinted Chinese therapies. This massage not only aims to improve the therapeutic level body and come to eliminate the deeper tensions of our muscle tissue, as well as looking for total relaxation of body and mind, while is used as a ritual to feel more beautiful and healthier from the inside to the outside.
According to Balinese tradition, was the goddess of beauty, from Indonesia, which with its mythology 4 arms forwarded this Balinese massage technique. That’s why for its accomplishment, the manual pressure on the body. Thus, this body therapy uses, in turn, knowledge and techniques from acupressure (pressure of the fingers), reflexology, stretching and some principles of yoga. On the other hand, the large flow of trade and spice exchange between India and China, led to the discovery of new knowledge that have improved and incorporated the Balinese massage therapy oils and herbal remedies which make it one of the most exotic massages.
The Balinese massage seeks to apply the traditional wisdom and extreme delicacy to treatment to get relax and stimulate the body to achieve harmony. That’s why it considers that this type of massage has a high therapeutic power with which they can, with the state of relaxation effect of both physical and mental well-being to everyone who receives it.
Balinese Massage Benefits
As already mentioned earlier, if something stands out the Balinese massage is for multiple positive effects it produces in the person who receives it. Among these benefits are the following:
- Activates blood circulation.
- Favors lymphatic system and natural drainage.
- Combat the muscle and joint pain, improve mobility and muscle toning.
- Helps treat allergies and other respiratory problems.
- Reduces stress and tension, favoring the good heart rate.
- Helps improve sleep difficulty, thanks to the relaxation.
- Improves concentration and memory and helps reduce the headache and migraines.
- Calms the anxiety States and/or depression.
- Reduces cellulite.
- Is a great treatment for losing weight.
The Balinese massage produces positive effects, such as the Indian tradition, helps open the energy channels, so they absorb the good energy and the bad go away. The state of total harmony is the main purpose of this therapy.
How to Do a Balinese Massage
To do this therapy, the first thing you should know is that are worked 107 anatomical landmarks that are distributed throughout the body. In these energy points, that stimulate our bodies and that are related to traditional Chinese acupuncture, part nerves, joints, bones, veins and arteries. It is here where you will work to achieve total relaxation. Although there are some variations techniques (Care, Sasak, Lombok …), we will focus on two variants to perform the traditional Balinese massage.
- First variant: the Balinese massage is carried out on a stretcher. To give the average pressure energy points, the forearms. To speed up the movements, using warm oil.
- Second variant: the massage takes place in a traditional Japanese bed, directly on the ground. To pressure points, using the feet. For that, we need points (bars, chairs …) so that the body of the therapist can be shifted and move over the body of the receiver with greater ease. The pressure should be average.
Whatever the technique selected (arms or legs), the massage is made throughout the body using different manual techniques such as:
- Palmar pressure, with the knuckles or digital.
- Friction and surface swabs.
- Muscle stretches and twists.
- Foot reflexology, manual and on the ears.
- Pinches and soft strokes.
Remember that the key pressure points (medium/high) with which you should be able to reach the deeper tissues to release the tension. And, as tradition, before starting the Balinese massage, a foot bath on the receiver.
To help the receiver’s relaxation, aromatic essences or incense. Also facing flower Infusion bags on the eyelids of the receiver (for 10 minutes) to reach the state of harmony.
Contraindications of Balinese Massage
Before performing a Balinese massage and discover all its benefits and positive effects on your body, you should know that there are some contraindications for treatment. It is recommended to go with caution if:
- You are pregnant (remember that the massage takes place throughout the body and pressure points could affect the fetus).
- Have any muscle or joint injury, as well as hernias.
- It was operated recently.
- Have heart problems.
- Under pharmacologic treatment.
Before receiving a Balinese massage, see your situation with the professional therapist. So ensure you don’t take any chances and enjoy this wonderful treatment. Try it!
5 Spa Treatments for your Bali Holiday
PARWATHI SPA @ Matahari Resort
Bali Spa| Balinese Massage
Natural Home Remedies for Heartburn
Notion Of Heaven
Bali Spa| Balinese Massage
Amed Beach in Bali
Ayung White Water Rafting
Save Nearly 50% At Tanjung Benoa Beach Resort Bali …
Rice Water Bungalow Bali
Interesting Facts About Sumatran Orangutan That You Should …
Forest Spa at Kamandalu Ubud, Bali
DMC Bali Plus
10 Luxury Resorts In Malaysia To Live With No Regrets …
Bali’s Tanah Lot Sea temple
Ubud Spa | Best Spa Package
Balinese Massage: Timeless Therapy
Bali Massage at Sekar Jagat Spa Bali