Sailing is a global sport. There are a lot of leisure sailed well in the competition. In sailing, you use the wind to power your boat. If you want to understand the wind and want to learn to sail well, you can start the young. The most suitable for this is the Optimist sailboat.
Origin and description of the Optimist
The optimist is more than 50 years ago in the United States. It was nothing more than a cheap soapbox on the water for Recreation Center Optimist?? ??. The optimist is a sailing dinghy to 2.30 metres long and 1.15 meters wide.Initially the Optimists were only made of wood. In our time, there are optimists, but often they are now made of polyester. The boat has a spirit rig with a sail area of 3.5 m2. Depth 0.80 m and the official weight is 35 kg.
If you sail, safety first!
- Always wear a life jacket, even if you can swim well. If you are flying alone, wearing life jackets with collars that keep their heads above water. If you turn your boat, always with your boat.
- Always wear shoes when you go sailing. These shoes do that you do not slip and that you don’t hurt your feet.
- Keep in mind the weather: choose appropriate sailing gear. Bring warm clothes when it’s cold, a raincoat when it rains and cover your well with sunscreen when Sun is shining. On the water you will burn very quickly!
- Know sea traffic. The most important rule is good seamanship. This means that you should act like a good and wise sailors. The inland waterways Police specifies which rules apply on waterways in the Netherlands and which is in any case a priority.
Sailing lessons in the Optimist
Learning to sail taking sailing lessons wisely. Do this for a sailing school with CWO certified instructors. CWO State Commission for water training. CWO is about uniform qualification systems for different streams. There are many sailing schools in the Netherlands and you can take sailing lessons in different ways, for example by sailing camps, sailing lessons every week or days or parts of days in a row. Sailing lessons in an optimist is usually given to children between 7 and 12 years. On sailing lessons you will learn a lot of things that the boat sail and make the night complete, song and stories, the position and operation of sails, steering, rudder and sword control, stapling, gijptechnieken, tacking boat stop, capsizing and righting the boat and special sealing techniques. The different levels in the CWO diploma?? s indicate the extent to which the various techniques are mastered.
Components of the Optimist
- The hull is the body?? ?? the rear of the shoe, and you call the mirror. The buoyancy in the hull to ensure that if the boat handles these rafts.
- Drawing class, nationality and is sail number in sequence gives the class boat, the country where the boat comes with the unique number.
- Battens has the function to support the shape of the sail. With the block the rope is guided correctly.
- The mast keeps the sail up, boom together with wood holder down the sail on the bottom side and the rod holding the tip of the sail up.
- For the price of the boat value is important, this boat doesn’t float away. With the helm to change course.
- Indicators help to keep an eye on how the air flow around the sail works. The wing provides information on wind direction.
For your boat and STRAFE requires knowledge of cordage;?? It is everything that has to do with the rope?. The various buttons you use in different parts of the boat. Buttons that you should know is:
- Clove Hitch,
- eight stitches,
Work out much so that all the important buttons and stabbing’ve brought under control. Your instructor can help.
Some other important sailing conditions
- Port = left
- Starboard = right
- = Higher strand beach where the wind comes from the Windward =
- Lee Beach = the beach where the winds come = shelter
- = Head up to beat the wind
- Lose weight = Wind close
- Lurch = turning the boat with the nose through the wind so the sails will be moved to other Board
- = Jibe downwind turn the boat that sails to the other Board members
- == Thank you check zigzagging upwind sailing
Good and nice sailing you learn into practice. In addition to knowing the theory of sailing, regular exercise is important! By becoming a member of a Yacht Club, you learn to sail better and faster. You can also follow your Optimist regattas.
Winner Optimist Dinghy Winner 3D Star Championship Package …
Optimist Sailboats – Club Opti Boats & Fleets
How to Sail an Optimist: 6 Steps (with Pictures)
Crab claw sail
What Are Your Telltales Trying to Tell You?
17 Best images about Small Sailboats on Pinterest
Matias Capizzano – Sailing Photography
RCYC Hornet Sailors of Yesteryear
Regatta Committee News
This is rudder for the Catamaran and Dinghy for sailing.
Winner Optimist 3D Star Coque
The Endless Summer of Sabot sailing >> Scuttlebutt Sailing …
Campsite France Vendee la tranche sur mer
The New 2017 Sunfish Colors • Shoreline Sailboats
Neue Trampoline für Hobie Cat 16
2013 H20 North-South
USA wins Optimist Team Racing World Championship …